Places to go in Iowa City


View IC You Pee in a larger map

Friday, May 14, 2010

Iowa River Power Company

Perhaps it was by chance or perhaps it was by providence that I found
myself in this stall Friday night at the Iowa River Power Company
restaurant. The scribbling on the wall, obviously the work of a
labored hand, told me to pray and it seemed likely that the last
occupant had been attempting to communicate with his deity as he
fought with what he had left in the bowl for me to find. I had just
finished my meal, so my appetite was not put off by this foul
revelation, but I wondered if this encounter might be prophetic. Was I
to be plagued as well this night? I still wait for answers, but I
think it's safe to say that the pilgrimmage to this 1/5 bathroom was
less than divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment