Places to go in Iowa City


View IC You Pee in a larger map

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Seashore Hall


"Josh", I heard, as I passed through the walkway between Van Allen and majestic Seashore Hall, a place I know for hosting the art school offices and the location of many psych experiments I have subjected myself to over the years. Garrett called me over and tipped me to this old bathroom on the fourth floor, seemingly the only survivor of renovations over the years. This style of urinal offers little privacy, this is true, but the shape seems more sanitary. Less splash, less chance of missing. I'm almost compelled to sit down and go like a lady. It is as if a urinal and a toilet mated, and their love child awaits, ready to relieve me of a great burden. The rest of the bathroom was unremarkable, but I feel my life is enriched knowing this comforting friend waits for me, high up on a tower, above Iowa City, watching us all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment