Places to go in Iowa City


View IC You Pee in a larger map

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

El Bandito's


How do you say harrowing en español? Well, whatever it is, that is how I would describe this bathroom. I was told I would have to go through the construction, the desecrated corpse of Paul Revere, to find the bathroom, but when I stuck my head through the door to make my way, I saw no obvious path to the bathroom. I peeked around with a paranoid eye when a man who looked very close to what I would imagine a bandito to look like peered around the corner, saying nothing, and offering nothing but a suspicious eye. He disappeared as quickly as he arrived, and I investigated the hallway he had seemingly manifested. I walked slowly, for what felt like miles, wondering how many twists and turns it would take to find the men's room. The jewel at the end of the journey was this. Filthy, frightening, yet functional, the bathroom offered a work sink and a sink for washing hands, I presume. Buckets of "cleaning" supplies. I was almost too afraid to even use the room once I had found it. It was certainly an adventure, but not the good kind. It was more the 1/5 kind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment